Yok & Sheryoʼs artwork is symbiotic with their life of travel and adventure.
Their art exists in “Yeahnahnesia,” a fictional tropical
island with rich, made-up tales of mythology, deities, philosophies,
religion, animals and landscapes and a ton of archaeological treasures yet to be found.
They weave their unique brand of cultural syncretism into irreverent, riotous, mixed-media paintings, murals and sculptures. Most recently, they have been creating frivolous “temples” and “shrines” that provide humorous commentaries on societyʼs mercurial lifestyles.
Originally from Australia and Singapore, and NY-based for 10 years with street art roots, the duo has exhibited and painted in various countries around the world including ArtScience Museum (Singapore), Gare St.Sauveur (France), Baandam Museum (Thailand), Coney Island Art Walls (USA) , Wynwood Walls (USA) curated by Jeffrey Deitch and “Magic City” (Munich, Dresden and Sweden) curated by Carlo McCormick.
The duo have also appeared in various international publications such as Street Art Today II, Outdoor Gallery, Street Art Now, Magic City, Art from the Streets, “(Un)sanctioned” The Art on New York Streets, Street Art International, Kingbrown Magazine, Juxtapoz, Hypebeast and more.
Select Client List
Google, Nike, Adidas, Patron Tequila, Vans, Converse, Facebook, Hypebeast, Billionaire Boys Club, Hurley, Serato, Mad Decent Records
*Drago Publishing’s "ART ON THE STREETS" 2018
*Juxtapoz’s "TALES FROM SHERYO & YOK"
*Jeffrey Deitch’s "WOMEN ON THE WALLS 2013" & "CONEY ISLAND ART WALLS 2015"
*Huffington Post “25 WOMEN PUSHING THE LIMITS OF STREET ART AROUND THE WORLD”
*Huffington Post “25 STREET ARTISTS FROM AROUND THE WORLD WHO ARE SHAKING UP PUBLIC ART”
*Complex Magazine "10 RISING NY STREET ARTISTS YOU SHOULD KNOW”
*Complex Magazine "15 STREET ARTISTS TO WATCH IN 2014"
*CBS New York "6 WOMEN STREET ARTISTS YOU SHOULD KNOW"
Almost *Forbes "30 UNDER 30 CREATIVES 2015"
"Eastern culture has a weight evident in his work is on the walls in the illustration, where dragons improbable and women with tits bursting distribute smiles without much thought."
- SOME MAGAZINE
"New York/Singapore fast food graff jerk demon wonderland"
- SEAN MORRIS
“Sheryo , too, gently torture his characters who are often hotdogs or pizza sadistic look.”
- BOGASHI MAGAZINE
- RANDOM PERSON ON INSTAGRAM
- LOCAS GUESTHOUSE, BALI, INDONESIA---
“The on-the-road nature of this graffiti-illustration-Street Art couple is becoming legend, with the Australian Yok and Singaporean Sheryo professionally spray-cationing across the world regularly, monthly, annually with their own particular hybrid of skater-tattoo-cartoon-rebel-traditional-culture reinventing itself in the moment, in the space. Officially Brooklyn citizens, the two wield aerosol cans as much to entertain themselves as to confound you, with their two aesthetic styles now seamlessly becoming one. Not content to present a pretty world, Yok and Sheryo investigate and analyze darker human impulses and psychological eccentricities with their characters and the trouble they can get into with monsters and pizza.”
- BROOKLYN STREET ART
20201. INSTALLATION “Get the Money” Singapore Chinese Cultural Centre x Kult, Singapore
2. GROUP SHOW “Return to Poetry: Where the Sidewalk Ends” Chan+Hori Contemporary, Singapore
3. SOLO SHOWCASE “Moments of Truth” represented by Chan+Hori Contemporary, Art Moments, Art Fair, Jakarta, Indonesia
4. ART RESIDENCY “Dark Duck Days” with Kevala Ceramics, Bali, Indonesia (ONGOING)
20191. INSTALLATION “Temple of Self-Indulgence” St+Art India Foundation, Lodhi, New Delhi, India
2. MURAL FESTIVAL “Letters to Lodhi” St+Art India Foundation, Lodhi, New Delhi, India
3. INSTALLATION “Cobra King” Facade Installation, Moniker Art Fair, New York
4. MURAL COMMISSION “The Trials & Tribulations of Aspen” W Hotels, Aspen
5. SCULPTURE “Naga Wheel” for “Entwine” Maybank Eco-weavers Group Show, National Museum, Singapore, Curated by Khai Hori
6. INSTALLATION “A Frugal Existence” Lounge, Paddle8, New York
7. INSTALLATION “Stab you Good” Secret Tattoo Den Installation, Paddle8, New York
8. MURAL COMMISSION“Mural Oasis” Mural Commission, Las Vegas
9. BRAND COLLABORATION “NY Ice Cream Tour” with Billionaire Boys Club, New York
1. INSTALLATION “Devil’s Lounge” VIP Lounge, Scope Art Fair, Miami
2. MUSEUM “Art from the Streets” ArtScience Museum, Singapore, Curated by Magda Danyz Gallery
3. GRAIN SILO COMMISSION “Leafy Seadragon” Public Silo Trail, CBH Group, Albany, Western Australia, curated by FORM WA
4. MURAL FESTIVAL “Seattle Commuters” Sodo Track, Seattle
20171. MUSEUM “Double Tigers” Baandam Museum, Chiang Rai, Thailand
2. INSTALLATION “Varuna Vessel” St+Art India Foundation, Sassoon Docks, Mumbai, India
3. INSTALLATION “Bat Cave” Urbannation Museum, Berlin, Germany
4. INSTALLATION “Fallen Gargoyle” for Magic City, Curated by Ethel Seno & Carlo McCormick, Germany & Sweden
5. INSTALLATION “Kampung Singa” Curated by Khai Hori, Gilman Barracks, Singapore Art Week, Singapore
6. BRAND COLLABORATION “Uniqlo x Yok & Sheryo” Curated by Jeffrey Deitch, New York, USA
7. MURAL FESTIVAL “Pow Wow Seoul” South Korea
8. MURAL FESTIVAL “Paint Phnom Penh” Phnom Penh, Cambodia
9. PUBLIC ART “Art in Ad Places” New York, USA
20161. MUSEUM “Singapore Critters” Gare St. Sauveur, Lille, France
2. RESIDENCY “Google Tiltbrush Featuring Yok & Sheryo” San Francisco, USA
3. INSTALLATION “Ping Pong Auto Shack” Inner State Gallery, Detroit, USA
4. MURAL FESTIVAL “Pow Wow DC” Washington DC, USA
5. CHARITY “Postcards from Ethiopia” Humanitarian trip supported by Australian Embassy, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
20151. MURAL FESTIVAL “Women on the Streets” Wynwood Walls, Curated by Meghan Coleman & Jeffrey Deitch, Miami
2. MURAL FESTIVAL “Coney Island Art Walls”, Curated by Jeffrey Deitch & Ethel Seno, New York
3. MURAL FESTIVAL “50 Bridges” Australian High Commission, Singapore
4. MURAL FESTIVAL “Public” Perth, Australia
5. ART CONFERENCE “Carbon Festival” Melbourne, Australia