Artist duo will travel for cold beers, good surf and good times.
Originally from Australia and Singapore, Yok & Sheryo lead a nomadic life painting around the world and looking for surf these days. Beginning with painting on the streets, Yok & Sheryo soon shifted to sculpture, ceramics, moving images and large-scale installations of an immersive and site-specific nature that work to engage audiences.
They spent their formative years split between New York and South East Asia working as a duo, being inspired by South East Asian culture, music, surfing and skateboarding, thereby developing their distinctive style of work.
is a Singaporean visual/mural artist who started painting in the streets in 2005. Her art seeks to investigate, analyze and document the human psyche and frustrations towards contemporary lifestyles and its mercurial nature. She works across mediums,from 2D paintings to 3D sculptures, installations and moving images.
Her style, often referencing pulp illustrations, skateboard graphics and her unabashed affinity for kitsch, translate across as jovial, surreal imagery that speak to those who grew up admiring ’80s and ’90s skateboarding and surfing culture.
She has exhibited and painted murals around the world with Yok.
*Jeffrey Deitch’s "WOMEN ON THE WALLS 2013" & "CONEY ISLAND ART WALLS 2015"
*Huffington Post “25 WOMEN PUSHING THE LIMITS OF STREET ART AROUND THE WORLD”
*Huffington Post “25 STREET ARTISTS FROM AROUND THE WORLD WHO ARE SHAKING UP PUBLIC ART”
*Complex Magazine "10 RISING NY STREET ARTISTS YOU SHOULD KNOW”
*Complex Magazine "15 STREET ARTISTS TO WATCH IN 2014"
*CBS New York "6 WOMEN STREET ARTISTS YOU SHOULD KNOW"
Almost *Forbes "30 UNDER 30 CREATIVES 2015"
is an Australian born artist who grew up fuelled by Ren and Stimpy cartoons and skateboarding graphics which had a heavy influence on his style.
After studying a bachelor of arts degree at Curtin University from 1997 - 1999, Yok had a yearning to see and do more elsewhere which saw him spend time and exhibit in places like Melbourne, Sydney, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Shanghai, New York, Tokyo and London.
The Yok has been invited to many street art festivals around the world, most notable Miami Art Basel 2014 and 2015. In collaboration with Sheryo the Duo has had 2 successful shows at Krause Gallery, New York. The Yok has been voted by COMPLEX MAGAZINE “TOP 10 NY STREET ARTISTS IN 2013” His work has been featured in SCOPE NY and reviewed by THE HUFFINGTON POST, JUXTAPOZ MAGAZINE and TIME OUT MAGAZINE.
"Eastern culture has a weight evident in his work is on the walls in the illustration, where dragons improbable and women with tits bursting distribute smiles without much thought."
- SOME MAGAZINE
"New York/Singapore fast food graff jerk demon wonderland"
- SEAN MORRIS
“Sheryo , too, gently torture his characters who are often hotdogs or pizza sadistic look.”
- BOGASHI MAGAZINE
- RANDOM PERSON ON INSTAGRAM
- LOCAS GUESTHOUSE, BALI, INDONESIA---
“The on-the-road nature of this graffiti-illustration-Street Art couple is becoming legend, with the Australian Yok and Singaporean Sheryo professionally spray-cationing across the world regularly, monthly, annually with their own particular hybrid of skater-tattoo-cartoon-rebel-traditional-culture reinventing itself in the moment, in the space. Officially Brooklyn citizens, the two wield aerosol cans as much to entertain themselves as to confound you, with their two aesthetic styles now seamlessly becoming one. Not content to present a pretty world, Yok and Sheryo investigate and analyze darker human impulses and psychological eccentricities with their characters and the trouble they can get into with monsters and pizza.”
- BROOKLYN STREET ART
Select Client List:
GOOGLE / MICROSOFT / NIKE / CONVERSE / TOYOTA / PATRON TEQUILA / SERATO / ADIDAS / FACEBOOK / VANS
20191. INSTALLATION “Temple of Self-Indulgence” St+Art India Foundation, Lodhi, New Delhi, India
2. MURAL FESTIVAL “Letters to Lodhi” St+Art India Foundation, Lodhi, New Delhi, India
3. INSTALLATION “Cobra King” Facade Installation, Moniker Art Fair, New York
4. MURAL COMMISSION “The Trials & Tribulations of Aspen” W Hotels, Aspen
5. SCULPTURE “Naga Wheel” for “Entwine” Maybank Eco-weavers Group Show, National Museum, Singapore, Curated by Khai Hori
6. INSTALLATION “A Frugal Existence” Lounge, Paddle8, New York
7. INSTALLATION “Stab you Good” Secret Tattoo Den Installation, Paddle8, New York
8. MURAL COMMISSION“Mural Oasis” Mural Commission, Las Vegas
9. BRAND COLLABORATION “NY Ice Cream Tour” with Billionaire Boys Club, New York
1. INSTALLATION “Devil’s Lounge” VIP Lounge, Scope Art Fair, Miami
2. MUSEUM “Art from the Streets” ArtScience Museum, Singapore, Curated by Magda Danyz Gallery
3. GRAIN SILO COMMISSION “Leafy Seadragon” Public Silo Trail, CBH Group, Albany, Western Australia, curated by FORM WA
4. MURAL FESTIVAL “Seattle Commuters” Sodo Track, Seattle
20171. MUSEUM “Double Tigers” Baandam Museum, Chiang Rai, Thailand
2. INSTALLATION “Varuna Vessel” St+Art India Foundation, Sassoon Docks, Mumbai, India
3. INSTALLATION “Bat Cave” Urbannation Museum, Berlin, Germany
4. INSTALLATION “Fallen Gargoyle” for Magic City, Curated by Ethel Seno & Carlo McCormick, Germany & Sweden
5. INSTALLATION “Kampung Singa” Curated by Khai Hori, Gilman Barracks, Singapore Art Week, Singapore
6. BRAND COLLABORATION “Uniqlo x Yok & Sheryo” Curated by Jeffrey Deitch, New York, USA
7. MURAL FESTIVAL “Pow Wow Seoul” South Korea
8. MURAL FESTIVAL “Paint Phnom Penh” Phnom Penh, Cambodia
9. PUBLIC ART “Art in Ad Places” New York, USA
20161. MUSEUM “Singapore Critters” Gare St. Sauveur, Lille, France
2. RESIDENCY “Google Tiltbrush Featuring Yok & Sheryo” San Francisco, USA
3. INSTALLATION “Ping Pong Auto Shack” Inner State Gallery, Detroit, USA
4. MURAL FESTIVAL “Pow Wow DC” Washington DC, USA
5. CHARITY “Postcards from Ethiopia” Humanitarian trip supported by Australian Embassy, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
20151. MURAL FESTIVAL “Women on the Streets” Wynwood Walls, Curated by Meghan Coleman & Jeffrey Deitch, Miami
2. MURAL FESTIVAL “Coney Island Art Walls”, Curated by Jeffrey Deitch & Ethel Seno, New York
3. MURAL FESTIVAL “50 Bridges” Australian High Commission, Singapore
4. MURAL FESTIVAL “Public” Perth, Australia
5. ART CONFERENCE “Carbon Festival” Melbourne, Australia